The spirit of wolf brings with it many different meanings. If the wolf totem has entered your life recently take a moment to stop and reflect on some of the following messages:
- Teaching, Guidance: Have you recently been faced with a difficult choice or do you feel you lack the information or experience to make an important decision? Wolf is regarded as one of the most powerful spirit guides of all, and its presence is a message of guidance. If the wolf spirit has appeared to you, seek wisdom from those you respect and pause to learn about the subject that faces you. Once the wolf spirit equips you with knowledge you may take action with confidence.
- Loyalty, Community: Have you become alienated from your loved ones, are you staying at home all of time? The wolf totem urges us to ensure that you are playing your part in the community and that loyalties are properly maintained. Pick up the phone or hit the keyboard, get in touch with the people you’ve been neglecting. Get out of the house and invest some time and energy in that hobby you’ve been thinking about.
- Intuition, Prudence: Is a strong desire or passion stopping you from thinking clearly, is an opportunity being dangled in front of you? The wolf guide is strongly connected to lunar power which symbolizes intuition. It is well known that wolf packs subsist almost entirely off the old, sick, and the lame, meaning the pack does not take unnecessary risks. Wolves are also known to chase prey for dozens of miles while taking turns in hot pursuit. Conserve your strength and be cautious in your approach to any difficult or tempting situations. Do not overextend yourself and instead trust your heart. Take time to fully consider the situation from every angle and don’t be afraid to say no.
- Discipline, Order: Do you feel lost, has your life strayed completely off track? The wolf totem carries a message of discipline and order. Like howling at the moon and greeting pack members upon return, wolves maintain many rituals. The structure and order that the pack maintains ensures security and purpose for all of its members. An important message that the wolf spirit brings is to take account of your schedule and daily routines. If you’ve allowed yourself to live impulsively and aren’t really accomplishing then sit down and commit to changing. Take small steps at first and soon you’ll find things falling into place.
- Communication, Teamwork: Are you going it alone, are the challenges of life beginning to overwhelm you? While the concept of a lone wolf is a popular one, it is extremely rare. Wolves invest their very survival in their pack and their social structure is both complex and varied. If the wolf pack has shown itself, the meaning is that you must stop and take account of your relationships. Don’t be afraid to seek assistance and fresh perspective on a project. Don’t bottle up your feelings and communicate, you’ll be surprised by the amount of resources that wait in the hands of friends and family.